I often worry that some great idea or inspiration will slip away from me. Usually there are some many things going on at the LEC (lessons, working show horses, the farrier, emails, clients), that I tell the kids that my brain “is full”. Don’t tell me anything, be sure to write it down.
I keep this journal and then try to weekly go back through and see what I’ve written down—did I do that? And make a list of what I want to do—pulling out the inspiration.
So I was putting down ideas for Summer Camp ’15 and I realized it kind of made a flow chart. I thought I’d share it with you. These are 5 main topics that deal with the LEC camp programs:
- Staff – who’s needed to work, when they’re going to work & informing and training them
- Facility Prep – I have a few items that need work before we have 30+ kids show up for the day
- Advertising/Marketing – Ideas that have to be put into “play” and the correct time schedule to “hit the target”
- Lesson Horses & Tack – Figure out if I have enough horses to do what is asked of them, along with show schedules and the regular lesson schedule
- Daily Camp Schedules – each camp is an individual and it requires a daily schedule of the campers’ riding and un-mounted activities, also important that the staff has to know what the day’s activities will be
Each major point will end up with its very own page or more and I’ll try to share these as well!
Get Planning! Summer’s Coming!